We had our regular Thursday morning meeting at St. Francis Residential Community in Denville
Kevin Dulio (Native Fields Landscaping) – Vice-President
Scott Goldstein (Law office of Scott Goldstein) – Membership Chair
Russell Guagenti (Guagenti & Associates)– Treasurer
Joe Troy (Ameriprise) – Tip Master
John Tully (dsm-llc)
Daren Clancy (Fit 2 Go)
Fred Ayers (Ayers Chevrolet)
Dan Linkletter (Tri-State Computer Solutions)
Joe Nugent (Prudential)
Bill Shuler (Henry O’Baker)
Ivette Alvarez (Einhorn Harris)
Mike McCurdy (Shawnee Construction)
Rudy Riveron (ReMax Realty) – Chapter President
Denise Nicudemis (Liberty Mutual)
Steve Severud (Law office of Stephen N Severud)
Marianne Jones (Millenium)
Jeff Jones (AmeriSource)
Gerson Contreras (Union County Contractors)
Glen Guzzi (Elite Title)
Jay Olsen (Olsen Electric)
Kevin (in Rudy’s absence) opened the meeting at 7:16am .
Our speaker for the day was Russell Guagenti of Guagenti & Associates.
Russ talked on a variety of topics during his time gleamed from various news articles:
- Scams – no one from the IRS or State of NJ will call you demanding payment on taxes.
- NJ is the highest taxed state in the US
- NJ has very low thresholds on inheritance and estate taxes that are much lower than the federal amounts.
- Same sex marriage in NJ has resulted in $2.6B in spending and an additional $185M in tax revenue
- NJ has the worst business tax climate in the US
Russ’s talk finished with questions and answers from the chapter.
Posted by John Tully